All equipment installed and used in potentially explosive areas falls within the scope of the ATEX Directive 2014/34/UE. This Directive covers:
- equipment and protective systems intended for use in potentially explosive atmospheres;
- safety, control and regulating devices intended for use outside potentially explosive atmospheres, but necessary or useful for the safe operation of equipment and protective systems with respect to explosion risks;
- components intended to be incorporated into equipment and protective systems.
Ente Certificazione Macchine, as Notified Body for ATEX Directive 2014/34/EU, carries out the conformity verifications necessary to affix the CE mark on the equipment, which is a guarantee of compliance with the safety requirements for placing and commissioning within the EU market.
ECM, in relation to the group and category of products, performs the conformity assessment procedures described in Annexes III, IV, V, VI, VII and IX of the Directive. Among the services that ECM can provide there are:
- EU Type Examination, in accordance with Annex III of the Directive;
- Unit conformity assessment, in accordance with Annex IX of the Directive;
- Quality management system audits and product compliance audits pursuant to Annexes IV, V, VI and VII of the Directive;
- Technical File filing;
- Laboratory and onsite testing activities.